Transfer Students

As a biological sciences major, you will have to opportunity to enroll in a Transfer Interest Group, or TrIG (IntDsc 2001). This one-credit hour course is led by a transfer student, like yourself, with the experience and training to help you navigate your transition to MIZZOU. Among other things, the TrIG will connect you with clubs and organizations on campus, acclimate you to the academic rigor at Mizzou, and explore topics salient to transfer students, such as how to join a research lab and choose a mentor.

Students from Metropolitan Community College in Kansas City, Moberly Area Community College, and Saint Louis Community College can earn a specially designed Associate of Arts (at MACC or SLCC) or Associate of Science (at MCC) degree with an emphasis in biological sciences from that institution and then transfer to MU to complete either a Bachelor of Arts (BA) or a Bachelor of Science (BS) in Biological Sciences with 63 or fewer additional hours of coursework at MU.

Transfer Guides:

Metropolitan Community Colleges

St. Louis Community College

Moberly Area Community College


Undergraduate Advising Office
3 Tucker Hall

Columbia, MO 65211 USA
Phone: (573) 882-4068

Office Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday