Minor in Biological Sciences
Students may obtain an undergraduate minor in biological sciences by taking 15 hours of coursework from the Division of Biological Sciences.
- 5 hours of introductory biology (BIO_SC 1500 or BIO_SC 1200)
- 10 hours of additional courses at the 2000-level or above from at least two of the following areas: Genetics, Cell Biology, Evolutionary Biology, and Biological Diversity (contact the Undergraduate Advising Office for a list of available courses).
At least one of the additional courses must include a laboratory. Problems, service learning, internships, readings and research (e.g., BIO_SC 2010, 2060, 2100, 2940, 2960/2965H, 4085, 4950/4952, 4960) may not be used to fulfill the requirements of the minor. MICROB_3200 may not be used to satisfy the laboratory course requirement.
All courses in the minor must have a grade of C- or higher with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher in the minor. At least 9 of the 15 credit hours in the minor must be taken in residence at MU.
- Print and complete the appropriate form.
- Submit the completed form for approval to the Division of Biological Sciences Undergraduate Advising Office.
- Submit the signed form to the College of Arts and Sciences (107 Lowry Hall).
For More Information
Contact or visit the Undergraduate Advising Office
Tucker Hall, Room 3
Prairie Ecologist, The Nature Conservancy
“Grassland conservation is a passion of mine. The training I received from the faculty in the Division of Biological Sciences and the experiences I gained during my time as a graduate and post-doctoral student allowed me to turn my passion into a career.”
Among the University of Missouri System’s most prestigious professors
Five professors in the Division of Biological Sciences have been appointed Curators’ Professors by the Board of Curators, one of the highest honors accorded by the University System.