Minor in Biological Sciences
Students may obtain an undergraduate minor in biological sciences by taking 15 hours of coursework from the Division of Biological Sciences.
- 5 hours of introductory biology (BIO_SC 1500 or BIO_SC 1200)
- 10 hours of additional courses at the 2000-level or above from at least two of the following areas: Genetics, Cell Biology, Evolutionary Biology, and Biological Diversity (contact the Undergraduate Advising Office for a list of available courses).
At least one of the additional courses must include a laboratory. Problems, service learning, internships, readings and research (e.g., BIO_SC 2010, 2060, 2100, 2940, 2960/2965H, 4085, 4950/4952, 4960) may not be used to fulfill the requirements of the minor. MICROB_3200 may not be used to satisfy the laboratory course requirement.
All courses in the minor must have a grade of C- or higher with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher in the minor. At least 9 of the 15 credit hours in the minor must be taken in residence at MU.
- Print and complete the appropriate form.
- Submit the completed form for approval to the Division of Biological Sciences Undergraduate Advising Office.
- Submit the signed form to the College of Arts and Sciences (107 Lowry Hall).
For More Information
Contact or visit the Undergraduate Advising Office
Tucker Hall, Room 3